Nuckolls, Janis B., Elizabeth Nielsen, Joseph A. Stanley, and Roseanna Hopper. "The systematic stretching and contracting of ideophonic phonology in Pastaza Quichua." International Journal of American Linguistics 82, no. 1 (2016): 95-116.
- PhD, Institute of Language, Cognition, and Computation, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, 2022 (expected)
- MSc in Computational Linguistics, University of Washington, 2018
- BA in Linguistics, Brigham Young University, 2015
- 2018-2019: Machine learning engineer
- Bose Corporation
- Developed solutions to problems in speech and language processing in order to drive product development
- 2017: Computational linguist
- Contractor through Appen Inc., onsite at Facebook Inc.
- Develop data curation practices and standards for several diverse NLU projects.
Blust, Robert, and Elizabeth Nielsen. "Avoidance of Dissimilar Labial Onsets: The Case of Subanon." Oceanic Linguistics 55, no. 2 (2016): 620-33. Accessed August 25, 2020. http://www.jstor.org/stable/26408430.
Nielsen, Elizabeth, and Emily M. Bender. "Modeling adnominal possession in multilingual grammar engineering." In Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar, University of Tokyo, pp. 140-153. 2018.
Nielsen, Elizabeth, Mark Steedman, and Sharon Goldwater. "The role of context in neural pitch accent detection in English." Proceedings of EMNLP (2020).
- Macine learning, including deep learning (using PyTorch)
- Languages: English (native), Russian (fluent (C2)), Spanish (conversational), French (conversational)